|Prospector is a broadband
application that not all Windows computers can run.
- Due to incomplete driver support in Microsoft .NET
for Windows 98, 98SE, and ME, computers running these
operating systems may not be able to run it.
- Some virtual machines may not give proper hardware
signatures for licensing and may not be able to run
- One of the following Windows operating systems:
- Any x64 Windows
- Any Windows 8 version (please see note
- Any Windows 7 version
- Any Vista version
- Server 2003, Server 2008
- XP Professional / Home
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT4 (SP 6a)
- Windows Me, 98SE, 98
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or later, IE 7 or newer recommended.
- Broadband internet connection.
- RAM - 512 Mb, best with more.
- Video - 800 x 600 minimum, 1024 x 768 or better
Installation on Windows 8
Please take these 2 steps before running the installer on
- In Control Panel, choose Programs and Features, choose
Turn Windows features on or off, then select the Microsoft
.NET Framework 3.5.1 check box, and click OK. Windows 8 will
then install the .NET Framework for you.
Microsoft J# v2.0 and install it.
The installer can then be run after this.
If the the program does not show on the tile screen, please
do the following:
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to
- Right-click on Prospector.exe and click Send to, then
click on Desktop as Shortcut.
Installation on Macintosh
Prospector does not run natively on Macs but we've tested
it on VMWare Fusion as well as on Bootcamp running Windows with
You won't lose any of your settings if you install an update
or reinstall the software.
If you need to install an update / reinstall the software manually:
- Uninstall the current Prospector. (All your settings will
- Use the download link to obtain and install the latest version.
The installation program will install Microsoft .NET v2.0 and
Microsoft J# v2.0 if needed (except on Windows 8). Here are the links if you'd
like to install these manually: